The Sentrion Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) is based upon the work-horse of the internet messaging backbone, the sendmail MTA. The sendmail MTA provides secure, scalable, and reliable routing for email networks of all sizes and complexity. It has a proven heritage and when combined with its open source counterpart, Sendmail mail servers represent the most widely deployed MTA technology in the world.
- Scales to millions of messages per hour and supports hundreds of domains
- Flexible configurations to support multiple needs: gateway routing, HA clustering, disaster recovery, internal routing, and more
- Security and robustness from community development process and contributions to the open source MTA
Sentrion Policy Engine
The Sentrion Policy Engine provides award winning enterprise email security delivering centralized policy management over inbound and outbound mail to eliminate unwanted messages, defend network assets, protect private and confidential data, and enable compliance. With the Sentrion Policy Engine, IT messaging personnel can create policies based on any centrally defined action; on any message; with any condition; from any individual sender, group, or division and to any recipient.
- Supports dozens of policy applications available in the Sentrion Application Store
- Provides deep scanning of all attachment types, compressed archives, and other embedded content up to 32 nested layers and 300 file types including Microsoft Office 2007 files
- LDAP integration for policies driven by recipient roles, group membership, and other attributes
- Rapid time-to-value with pre-built policies, lexicons, and policy applications
Sentrion Connection Controls
Sentrion Connection Controls provides complete control over inbound and outbound email traffic by throttling trusted email or dropping abusive traffic. It collects broad statistics about the behavior of individual senders, sender reputation, sending hosts, and network address blocks and enforces pre-defined limits. Based on the behavior or reputation of the connection, a range of actions are possible: permanently or temporarily reject; rate limit or throttle; or suspend. This scalable traffic shaping mechanism defends against a variety of attacks and unwanted email, as well as helps to smooth the flow of legitimate traffic.
- Proven to eliminate unwanted mail by a minimum of 50%, and with IP reputation application, up to 80% or more
- Prevents Denial of Service, Distributed Denial of Service, and Directory Harvest Attacks
- Rejects or throttles connections from hosts that are exceeding session limits, invalid recipient counts, or other parameters which may indicate an attack
- Shape traffic for all connections to manage quality of service and to ensure smooth traffic flow and network load
The Sentrion Directory is an LDAP directory that interfaces with existing directories and centralizes users, alternate email addresses, groups, mail distribution lists, administrative groups and policy-related information into a secure and centrally managed data repository. It provides this information to email servers across the enterprise to add intelligence to gateway security, routing, and policy enforcement.
- Works with Sentrion Connection Controls to block connections from servers attempting to send mail to invalid addresses
- Enables more intelligent policy-driven email processing
- Consolidates routing information from multiple groupware applications
- Provides accurate and intelligent routing of messages to recipients and mailstores
The Sentrion Quarantine is a flexible server-based and/or per-use quarantine for disposing suspect messagesinbound spam at the gateway, outbound messages suspected of policy violations, and more.
- Quarantine Server: designates the role of the Sentrion as strictly a quarantine-only host containing a quarantine mailstore.
- Per-User Filtering Gateway: A quarantine mailstore for per-user filtering rules
- Works hand-in-hand with the Sentrion Platform Directory component.
The Splunk IT Search Engine is embedded as a core component of the Sentrion Message Processing Platform for out-of-the-box base reporting and message tracking. The Splunk-powered Sentrion reporting engine provides a predefined set of standard messaging reports such as:
- Delivery Status
- Top Attachment Types
- TLS Connections
- Message Categorization Summary
- Policy Summary
- Virus Summary
- Spam Summary
- Top Senders and Recipients
- And more...
Learn more about Sentrion REAC here.
An optional Enterprise Reporting application, Power by Splunk, is available from the Sentrion Application Store and provides more advanced reporting requirements including the ability to customize dashboards, reports, searches and more. This add-on application enables customers to integrate with an existing Splunk enterprise deployment for reporting and message tracking across MS Exchange, as well as other network infrastructure within the enterprise.