The addresses below are only for contributing patches or reporting problems about sendmail version 8. If you have questions about sendmail, please post them to the Usenet group comp.mail.sendmail.
Before sending to any of these addresses, please review the following:
- The members of these lists do not have the resources to support vendor implementations.
- To avoid being tagged as spam, please only send messages as plain text.
- Do not use 8bit characters in the Subject: or use encoding such as:
=?GB2312?B?, Please only use plain 7bit ASCII without any charset encoding.
- If you send e-mail to sendmail.org, the answer will most likely not come from a system in the sendmail.org domain. Some anti-spam techniques (e.g., challenge-response systems) or block hosts that are connected via DSL prevent us from responding.
- To help prevent replies from being blocked, please make sure you do not block the following IP address:
184.108.40.206 or make sure that your system accepts at least STARTTLS secured mail.
- If you use a challenge-response system, make sure that it does NOT send a challenge when we reply to your question or when you receive mail from the announce list. We will not reply to those messages.
- The mailservers for sendmail.org use the following DNSBLs:
- The mailserver for support.sendmail.org performs strict RFC checks, for example, it does not accept mail if the domain part has an MX record that points to an IP address (instead of hostname as required).
Sendmail.org email addresses: (replace YYYY with the current year, e.g., 2010)
Subscription to these lists is by invitation only.