It’s been a significant year in IT and there have been technologies, such as cloud, awaiting their due that received time in the spotlight, as well as some trends that may come as a surprise. Sendmail CEO Don Massaro had the opportunity to share a few of his thoughts and predictions on the past year in IT, as well as what to expect in 2012, with Enterprise Systems Journal (ESJ) in a contributed piece titled, “A Look Back, The Road Ahead for IT.” In the piece, Don shared his take on key 2011 trends and his take on three trends we’ll see in IT in 2012. Here, we share just a snapshot:
- The Cloud Opportunity
- Increased Adoption of Encryption Solutions
- Increased Reliance on Delivery of Business-Critical Information
- The adoption of hybrid infrastructures that make use of both cloud services and in-house infrastructures will be key
- Application-generated e-mail will dominate messaging
- More U.S. government agencies will get on board with cloud computing
To read Don’s full article on what to expect next year, you can reference the full article here. We look forward to your comments and thoughts below.